BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/)
-   -   eOffice requires 'Handheld Software'? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/5880-eoffice-requires-handheld-software.html)

ocsteve 04-04-2005 11:20 AM

eOffice requires 'Handheld Software'?
 
I have had the 7520 for about a month now. I purchased the eOffice basic addition and it will not load. I contacted the software OEM, Dynoplex, and they said I needed the 'Handheld Software' v 4.0? I have no idea what this is. They also said it is separate from the desktop manager. Does anyone know what this required software is or where I can get it? Is this the BES 4.0? I feel lost!

NJBlackBerry 04-04-2005 11:34 AM

It's not BES 4.0. There is a handheld component that you need to installed before you can install eOffice. Check out this thread - http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.html - on where (and how) to load the 7520 handheld code.

Good luck!

ocsteve 04-04-2005 12:51 PM

FOUND IT!!! Thanks NJ.
If anyone else needs it...It is indeed a separate software and it fixed my problem.
http://www.dynoplex.com/rimos.shtml

I plan to be using eOffice very heavily over the next few weeks and will provide some feedback for anyone who is interested in it. I think it will be a great tool...

SchmutzBerry 04-04-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocsteve
FOUND IT!!! Thanks NJ.
If anyone else needs it...It is indeed a separate software and it fixed my problem.
http://www.dynoplex.com/rimos.shtml

I plan to be using eOffice very heavily over the next few weeks and will provide some feedback for anyone who is interested in it. I think it will be a great tool...

It is good, but do you find the eWord application slow? Typing something in is very unresponsive, as to make it unusable for myself? I wonder what others have experienced. There don't seem to be any alternatives to eWord out there.

Jason_AB 04-04-2005 01:47 PM

how do i know what OS I am running, Nextel just had me down grade to 3.7 ver of desktop manager...is this what we are talking about?

ocsteve 04-12-2005 02:25 PM

Yes it is slow but it's the only tool I've been able to find that is as complete as it is. There are other programs but they are more like notepad, not very sophisticated. I actually use the Excel program on a daily basis. I build the form on my PC and transfer it to the BB. Then I can add to it or modify it on a daily basis as I need to. I use it to track business transactions and hours spent on each job. I love it...



Quote:

Originally Posted by SchmutzBerry
It is good, but do you find the eWord application slow? Typing something in is very unresponsive, as to make it unusable for myself? I wonder what others have experienced. There don't seem to be any alternatives to eWord out there.


NJBlackBerry 04-12-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_AB
how do i know what OS I am running, Nextel just had me down grade to 3.7 ver of desktop manager...is this what we are talking about?

Options / About will tell you what version of the handheld OS code you are running. Since there is no v3.7 of Desktop Manager (3.6 or 4.0), I assume Nextel had you downgrade the handheld OS.

JCB 04-17-2005 05:28 AM

Slow eword
 
Which other programs are for document editing? I am willing to try any glorified notepad. I just can't handle how slow eword works. This is the one thing I need to make may BB just perfect. An agile text editor in which I can make quick some minor changes to docs and email them back for further formatting by my secretary. I have no need for excel, pp. I just need a document editor. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocsteve
Yes it is slow but it's the only tool I've been able to find that is as complete as it is. There are other programs but they are more like notepad, not very sophisticated. I actually use the Excel program on a daily basis. I build the form on my PC and transfer it to the BB. Then I can add to it or modify it on a daily basis as I need to. I use it to track business transactions and hours spent on each job. I love it...


SchmutzBerry 04-17-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB
Which other programs are for document editing? I am willing to try any glorified notepad. I just can't handle how slow eword works. This is the one thing I need to make may BB just perfect. An agile text editor in which I can make quick some minor changes to docs and email them back for further formatting by my secretary. I have no need for excel, pp. I just need a document editor. Thanks.

i don't believe there is anything else unfortunately. there is the built in notes app. there are some j2me apps I've tried, but all are unsatisfactory and have compatibility issues. So, hopefully, dynoplex will fix eword, or someone else will come in with something. ecell, i find more usable and not hampered by the slowness.

jibi 04-17-2005 03:58 PM

are any of you on the new 7520 or 7250 handhelds? just curious if its an issue with the older handhelds' processors and/or available memory.

JCB 04-20-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchmutzBerry
i don't believe there is anything else unfortunately. there is the built in notes app. there are some j2me apps I've tried, but all are unsatisfactory and have compatibility issues. So, hopefully, dynoplex will fix eword, or someone else will come in with something. ecell, i find more usable and not hampered by the slowness.

Thanks for your response. The fact that it is so slow has kept me from buying it. I have installed 2 trial versions and uninstalled before the trial version. I will be waiting anxiously.

JCB 04-21-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi
are any of you on the new 7520 or 7250 handhelds? just curious if its an issue with the older handhelds' processors and/or available memory.

I am on a BB 7290.

sergeyd 04-24-2005 12:08 AM

JCB - I have a 7290 myself and do not see any slowness in eWord. Are you doing something specific when you see it being slow?

In any case, we will be glad to help if you contact our support at [email address] or +1-212-400-7602 - there is somebody there 24x7.

JCB 04-25-2005 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergeyd
JCB - I have a 7290 myself and do not see any slowness in eWord. Are you doing something specific when you see it being slow?

In any case, we will be glad to help if you contact our support at [email address] or +1-212-400-7602 - there is somebody there 24x7.


I have update to a BB 7100g and finally purchased the program. I will be trying it this week and I will let you know. Thanks for you response.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.