Jibi, I tried to do the OTA download by browsing to the link you sent me. As it turns out their server was not configured to delivery an OTA and thus, it just appeared as just text. I noticed from the article at How to take existing Jad/jar files and post them to be OTA'd
that the webserver needs to have its MIMEtypes properly configured for the OTA to be delivered to a BB device. Apparently this site was just offering the file to the public.
In the end I got a NEW 7100T from t-mobile today and it had 4.0 installed. The IM client was delivered via OTA so I am OK now.
Thanks again for all your help Jibi, I really mean it!