BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/)
-   -   What is an uncaught exception? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/67047-what-uncaught-exception.html)

pgab 02-27-2007 09:02 PM

What is an uncaught exception?
 
Within the first few days with the 8100, there was an instance where I looked at the phone and it said, "uncaught exception....," followed by what looked like the path to an application. I hit OK, and another popped up. In all, this must have happened 10 - 15 times in succession. This was several weeks ago and it hasn't happened since.

But I am having an issue with the phone not triggering reminders. I am wondering if these things are related.

What is an uncaught exception?

CanuckBB 02-28-2007 10:11 AM

It's a software problem. Application had an error that the programmer did not foresee, and the fault bubbled it's way up to the OS.

If you have not done so, do a hard reset.

pgab 02-28-2007 10:41 AM

What I did was pull out the battery, wait several minutes, then power the device back up. Would this qualify as a hard reset? Or is there a key combination that I need to know about?

If I did reset correctly, then I am disappointed that the reminder issue is unrelated and continues to go unsolved... : (

Thank you!

laz305 02-28-2007 11:06 AM

My Pearl is dead
 
me to someone plz help
plz help me when ever I can boot up phone it gives all these errors
net_rim_bb_qm_peer (133)
net_rim_bb_phone_app (98)
net_rim_bb_vad (60)
net_rim_bb_otasi_app (157)
net_rim_bb_browser_daemon (100)
net_rim_bb_messaging_app (96)
net_rim_bb_remindermanager (85)

and i cant get desktop manager to connect to bb

PLZ HELP ME!!!!

CanuckBB 02-28-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgab
What I did was pull out the battery, wait several minutes, then power the device back up. Would this qualify as a hard reset? Or is there a key combination that I need to know about?

If I did reset correctly, then I am disappointed that the reminder issue is unrelated and continues to go unsolved... : (

Thank you!


That is indeed a hard reset.

For the reminders, are the CDO and MAPI dlls the same on BES and Exchange?

CanuckBB 02-28-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laz305
me to someone plz help
plz help me when ever I can boot up phone it gives all these errors
net_rim_bb_qm_peer (133)
net_rim_bb_phone_app (98)
net_rim_bb_vad (60)
net_rim_bb_otasi_app (157)
net_rim_bb_browser_daemon (100)
net_rim_bb_messaging_app (96)
net_rim_bb_remindermanager (85)

and i cant get desktop manager to connect to bb

PLZ HELP ME!!!!


looks like your OS is hosed. Use Javaloader or JL_CMDR to do a device wipe and reload the OS.

Stinsonddog 02-28-2007 12:56 PM

The answers are correct you should reload the OS - it's also when the ball rolls through your kids legs during an little league game.

blakeatl 02-28-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
it's also when the ball rolls through your kids legs during an little league game.

or an exception that's still on the loose.

Soapm 02-28-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgab
What is an uncaught exception?

It's an exception that was not caught. I once thought they were inclusions but since some were excluded I figured I was didn't catch the point. Now that I caught and accepted the exclusion I no longer have exceptions. I still have a rash on my arm but no eceptions...


If you do a LGLG from the home screen you can review your logs and try and see what's causing it...

pgab 02-28-2007 10:37 PM

OK, so I guess I am not BB technically savvy enough to be able to read these logs. Never would have even known they were there. I did find that some were in bold type and that they were errors. Google was no help in deciphering any.

My big issue is that I cannot get Task reminders to consistently pop up. Particularly, recurring tasks only trigger a reminder on the first occurrence and then never again. This drives me crazy as I am a heavy task user. Not sure if this Error could be the culprit. But I have done a hard reset, which did nothing to resolve the Task issue. Note that I don't sync tasks to Outlook. I keep them on the device only, with different types of tasks on my PC. But I don't see why this would matter.

I think I will post my task issue specifically in this forum.

Thanks everyone, for the quick responses!

pgab 02-28-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
The answers are correct you should reload the OS - it's also when the ball rolls through your kids legs during an little league game.

Just registed this response in my brain... If I reloaded the OS, could I expect my Task issue to go away? That would be so great!

Soapm 03-01-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgab
Just registed this response in my brain... If I reloaded the OS, could I expect my Task issue to go away? That would be so great!

Wouldn't hurt it... It would be hard to believe you have a hardware problem so wipeing and reinstalling the OS should correct anyting software...

blakeatl 03-01-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm
I still have a rash on my arm but no eceptions....

That's not an exception....that's an STD! 8-)

Soapm 03-01-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakeatl
That's not an exception....that's an STD! 8-)

You mean I got caught? I wanted to be the exception...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.