Originally Posted by brandon_nyph
I have been fiddling around with a new Oracle Outlook Connector as well as a new Blackberry Desktop Manager. I am upgrading from Blackberry Desktop 3.6 to 4.2 and Oracle Outlook Connector 188.8.131.52 to 10.1.
I successfully installed and configured the Outlook connector to Microsoft Outlook 2003. My desktop calender is Oracle Corporate Time 9.0.4.
Now my problem begins when I try to configure the Desktop manager to hotsync with Outlook. It just will not recognice the data files to pull the information from Outlook. I try to browse and manually point the manager to the Oracle file, but the option is not available. Am I doing something wrong? Is this version of the Outlook Connector compatible with Desktop Manager 184.108.40.206?
Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm having a similar issue... see: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post503551
I've gotten it to sync, but now DM crashes at the end of the first 'folder' (in this case my calendar).
My workaround solution:
1) File -> New -> Personal Folders File .pst
2) Create a folder within a directory you can easily find (FYI: this is what will appear as the folder name in outlook)
3) save the .pst file in the folder you just created
4) you should now see that folder appear in your list of outlook folders
5) right click on the regular 'contacts' folder within and select 'copy folder'
6) it will prompt you to select the folder where you wish to paste... choose the local folder you just created
7) config the BB DM to sync with outlook for contacts, calendar, etc... browse for each one; you should now see it as an available folder.
*** Please let me know if your DM crashes as well...