BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/)
-   -   Any new 3G Berries on GSM? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/196703-any-new-3g-berries-gsm.html)

webitorgal 07-11-2009 11:24 PM

Any new 3G Berries on GSM?
 
Anyone hear of rumours about new releases?

mgerbasio 07-12-2009 10:25 AM

BlackBerry 9550 is the Storm 2? : Boy Genius Report

The 9520 according to the article and later in the year a touchscreen Bold, Onyx.

webitorgal 07-12-2009 10:29 AM

^^

Onyx is a "traditional" berry, right? Any idea when the launch is? Around the holidays, hopefully?

MidnightDraven 07-12-2009 10:47 AM

As in physical keyboard? yes, its a bold with a touchscreen.
I havent seen any rumours about a release date.

jj4003 07-12-2009 02:03 PM

hmmm...

NJBlackBerry 07-12-2009 02:10 PM

Yet another new user trying to get to ten posts in order to include attachments or URLs....

webitorgal 07-12-2009 10:17 PM

I'm confused. I've seen posts around the Internet that the Onyx isn't a bold with a keyboard something which will be in between the size of a Curve and a Bold (and with an actual keyboard, not touch screen).

MidnightDraven 07-13-2009 05:33 AM

Onyx is supposedly a BOLD. i.e. same size, shape, keyboard.
Likely to have a trackpad, not trackball, if any.
And will have a touchscreen.

I think its the Gemini which is the "in between a curve and bold" or was that tour....don't remember.

webitorgal 07-13-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightdraven (Post 1426788)
Onyx is supposedly a BOLD. i.e. same size, shape, keyboard.
Likely to have a trackpad, not trackball, if any.
And will have a touchscreen.

I think its the Gemini which is the "in between a curve and bold" or was that tour....don't remember.

So this:

BlackBerry "Onyx" in the wild

Isn't the Onyx?

MidnightDraven 07-13-2009 09:16 AM

If that is the onyx, then yes.
but read it, it says prototype.
I think the more recent rumours had onyx as being with a trackpad, not trackball.
here:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-my-blurrycam/

skeevecr 07-14-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightdraven (Post 1426788)
Onyx is supposedly a BOLD. i.e. same size, shape, keyboard.
Likely to have a trackpad, not trackball, if any.
And will have a touchscreen.

I think its the Gemini which is the "in between a curve and bold" or was that tour....don't remember.

Onyx has never been linked as being the bold + touchscreen, it seems to be more a 3g curve, but with its styling and features it seems like it will be aimed at both current 8900 and bold users when it comes out.

The earliest leaked rumors of a bold with a touchscreen labelled it as the magnum, but there has been nothing about that in ages, so it seems likely that Rim have either scrapped that name or changed the codename for that device to try and throw the blogs off the scent.

Gemini seems to be the low cost update for the aging, but very successful original curves.

MidnightDraven 07-14-2009 09:52 AM

Ohhh ok. fair enough.
so many, must have mixed them up.

hcheun 07-15-2009 04:43 PM

Yes, From what I've read, the Onyx was just an updated Bold, just with 3.2MP camera and optical trackpad, but from what I heard, it was also going to be the same model which they would finally introduce a 3G berry for Tmo's AWS 1700 Spectrum.

The MAGNUM is what I though to be the Berry that like the Onyx and Bold, will have the same specs, only difference is sans the trackball/trackpad and have a touchscreen on it.

The 8520 is no hybrid, but it's roots are like a curve only it's made to be low end budget en-mass production curves for folks who want an affordable berry. It has a lower end processor, uses the same batteries as a old curve does , trackpad, and camera with no flash.

ODEN aka Storm 2 should be also available to GSM carriers, whether ATT will carry it, only time will tell. But both versions will come out for cdma and gsm carriers.

webitorgal 07-15-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcheun (Post 1429228)
Yes, From what I've read, the Onyx was just an updated Bold, just with 3.2MP camera and optical trackpad, but from what I heard, it was also going to be the same model which they would finally introduce a 3G berry for Tmo's AWS 1700 Spectrum.

The MAGNUM is what I though to be the Berry that like the Onyx and Bold, will have the same specs, only difference is sans the trackball/trackpad and have a touchscreen on it.

The 8520 is no hybrid, but it's roots are like a curve only it's made to be low end budget en-mass production curves for folks who want an affordable berry. It has a lower end processor, uses the same batteries as a old curve does , trackpad, and camera with no flash.

ODEN aka Storm 2 should be also available to GSM carriers, whether ATT will carry it, only time will tell. But both versions will come out for cdma and gsm carriers.

But the Onyx prototypes look slightly smaller than the Bold.

skeevecr 07-17-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webitorgal (Post 1429413)
But the Onyx prototypes look slightly smaller than the Bold.

The onyx seems to be curve 3g, but with enough other upgraded stuff and keyboard style that it will also end up being the likely upgrade for bold users due to the timing of its release.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.