BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/)
-   -   os 7 for curve 3G? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/250550-os-7-curve-3g.html)

qqme 06-23-2011 05:30 PM

os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Will the new os 7 be available on the curve 3G as it is os 6 compatible and os 7 is os 6.1 if that makes any sense at all
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 06-23-2011 05:32 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
The reporting is that no current devices will run OS 7. RIM probably made such an announcement, but I can't point to it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Dubdub 06-23-2011 06:52 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Your guess is as good as anyone's as it hasn't even been announced/confirmed by RIM. I tend to concur with the above post however. Doubtful that most of the current devices will have the horsepower to run it.

applauz 07-03-2011 09:40 AM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Why would you get OS7 when QNX is coming ?

Dubdub 07-03-2011 10:21 AM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
When is QNX coming - THAT is the question?

rambo47 07-03-2011 10:30 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by applauz (Post 1730833)
Why would you get OS7 when QNX is coming ?

Why would anyone buy an iPhone when QNX is coming? :razz:

< /re-troll >

Dubdub 07-03-2011 10:44 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Or why would anyone by an Android device when QNX is almost here?

Thiego-uk 07-07-2011 04:00 AM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
QNX <3
Life saver!!!

aiharkness 07-07-2011 04:35 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thiego-uk (Post 1731536)
QNX <3
Life saver!!!

You know, going from version 5 or 6 of an OS, as bad as it may be, you may not like going to a version 1, or at least whatever the first production QNX OS is called (... Maybe RIM will give it a clever theme name, instead of a number. Or maybe they'll call it OS 8.0.0.2013.)

Thiego-uk 07-07-2011 05:13 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1731657)
You know, going from version 5 or 6 of an OS, as bad as it may be, you may not like going to a version 1, or at least whatever the first production QNX OS is called (... Maybe RIM will give it a clever theme name, instead of a number. Or maybe they'll call it OS 8.0.0.2013.)

If it works well on nuclear plants and air planes, why should we worry?
I cant wait to see it working...

aiharkness 07-07-2011 05:26 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Hint: PlayBook. It's great, but the OS has a lot of growing to do. Not saying the QNX handset OS will be as immature, but who knows how incomplete it is going to be compared to what we know and love right now. It could be a let down for you.

Thiego-uk 07-08-2011 05:18 AM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1731667)
Hint: PlayBook. It's great, but the OS has a lot of growing to do. Not saying the QNX handset OS will be as immature, but who knows how incomplete it is going to be compared to what we know and love right now. It could be a let down for you.

I got your point. Haven't bought the PB yet just because of this missing bits. As I read a article yesterday about the tablets, its has mentioned them as being the "Masters of None" for its broad possibilities yet not being able to fully replace any of our everyday gadgets just becoming one more to carry around.
Pity, so much possibility yet not there.

PressureDrop 07-09-2011 12:29 AM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1730945)
Why would anyone buy an iPhone when QNX is coming? :razz:

< /re-troll >

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1730947)
Or why would anyone by an Android device when QNX is almost here?

4G (y) 8-)

BCCaper 07-09-2011 03:59 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
i doubt that os 7 will be available for models previous to the 9900, just like os 6 isn't compatible with older generation devices. current devices probably don't have the specs to run the new os.

Dubdub 07-09-2011 05:30 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
OS 7 will not run on any current device, according to the latest from RIM that I have seen.

knottyrope 07-13-2011 12:22 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
OS 7 will only run on new devices that have Open Gl support for Liquid Graphics.

djdonnyk 07-15-2011 03:24 PM

Re: os 7 for curve 3G?
 
I am looking forward to the 9850 with OS7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.