07-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Aug 2004
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | More proof of the "CameraBerry"
Please Login to Remove!
Just saw this posted over at RIM's job site....
Camera Development Engineer - J0706-0637
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Full Time
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
The successful candidate will be responsible defining, selecting, prototyping, debugging and verification of camera solution for Blackberry devices. He/she will have extensive knowledge of CCD and CMOS image sensor in mobile application. He/she will define test hardware, develop test software, and write up verification plans and reports. He/she will have experience in testing/verifying image quality and performance. The candidate must be self-starter and be very comfortable interfacing regularly with other engineering groups (hardware, software, marketing, factory, component qualification, etc..) and with external electronic components suppliers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* 2+ years proven experience in an imaging product design role
* Extensive knowledge in camera optics, especially in mobile application.
* Experience in image processing.
* Experience in image quality evaluation.
* Experience in mobile video applications.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, responsibility in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Flash light and its driver circuit design experience.
* Good Knowledge/Experience on LCD display.