BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default evidence for tmo 8800 coming soon

Please Login to Remove!

I think I have discovered some evidence that the tmo 8800 is coming soon - they just (finally) dropped the 7290 from their product line, and reduced the cost of the 8700 to $199. Both changes happened in the past few days.

Take that for what you will.
Offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: no
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TM
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default T-Mobile 8800 out on Apr. 23

This is my first time posting here. Last weekend, I called TM to switch to Cingular with 8800. Was so disappointed by TM for quiet a while without a good handset. The supervisor told me TM 8800 version will be out in two weeks on Apr. 23. I told her that if I don't see it from TM on Apr 23, I will switch to Cingular immediately. She assured that I will not be disappointed. (BTW, I have a company phone from Cingular)

This seems to agree with what I was told by another TM call center supervisor. (I called two different times to make sure TM is not using any tactic to keep me from switching). My contact expired a long time ago.

So this is just what I was told. If it is not happening, just means being screwed by TM one more time, and the last time.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
cenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E57F7C
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 220
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I can't wait for the 8800 to be available. I love my Pearl, but my work phone is horrible. Would definitely like to give an 8800 a whirl. =)
__________________

:: Black BlackBerry Pearl on T-Mobile w/ 1GB MicroSD ::
:: BSE Skin - Version 4.2.1.66 BIS ::
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,803
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverBB View Post
This is my first time posting here. Last weekend, I called TM to switch to Cingular with 8800. Was so disappointed by TM for quiet a while without a good handset. The supervisor told me TM 8800 version will be out in two weeks on Apr. 23. I told her that if I don't see it from TM on Apr 23, I will switch to Cingular immediately. She assured that I will not be disappointed. (BTW, I have a company phone from Cingular)

This seems to agree with what I was told by another TM call center supervisor. (I called two different times to make sure TM is not using any tactic to keep me from switching). My contact expired a long time ago.

So this is just what I was told. If it is not happening, just means being screwed by TM one more time, and the last time.
Oh my. Threatening your carrier to leave. That will certainly get you the handset that you must have.

What happens if T-Mobile offers the 8800 but only to commercial customers (as they did with some prior BBs).

You can always buy a Cingular 8800, unlock it and use it with T-Mobile!
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.285
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 63
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Oh my. Threatening your carrier to leave. That will certainly get you the handset that you must have.

What happens if T-Mobile offers the 8800 but only to commercial customers (as they did with some prior BBs).

You can always buy a Cingular 8800, unlock it and use it with T-Mobile!
The only issue with that though is that you are walking around with an expensive handset and have no replacement insurance from your carrier on it. If you lose it or break it, you have to outright buy another one. That can be expensive. Yeah they are available on eBay. But who wants to put out that much cash multiple times. TMO does not offer their protection plan on handsets they didn't sell or don't offer.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Outrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 326
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

strong rumor that it will come out on apr 23rd. but whether or not its for b2b only, no one knows. I was told twice by two different Tmo reps that its due on the 23rd, and I'm not a Tmo customer.

And unless you are a corp. customer with hundreds or thousands of accounts, threatening to leave will get you zero brownie points.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverBB View Post
So this is just what I was told. If it is not happening, just means being screwed by TM one more time, and the last time.
I can't see how a device not getting released on a date given to you by a rep who may or may not know in the first place is "getting screwed" but whatever. If you feel that you need to switch carriers for a device then by all means go ahead and do so. It's generally not a good idea -- especially if you're with a GSM carrier.

...and if you feel that TMO is "screwing you" with possibly incorrect information you're going to even more unhappy with AT&T. I'd hate to hear what you call their misinformation as they're really in another league IMO. Yes, they are my current carrier but coverage is my primary criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrej770 View Post
The only issue with that though is that you are walking around with an expensive handset and have no replacement insurance from your carrier on it. If you lose it or break it, you have to outright buy another one. That can be expensive. Yeah they are available on eBay. But who wants to put out that much cash multiple times.
If you're with AT&T it doesn't matter as you can't get insurance from them on smartphones anyway. Plenty of people unlock and use devices in this manner...

Last edited by takeshi : 04-12-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
H3LLFIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverBB View Post
This is my first time posting here. Last weekend, I called TM to switch to Cingular with 8800. Was so disappointed by TM for quiet a while without a good handset. The supervisor told me TM 8800 version will be out in two weeks on Apr. 23. I told her that if I don't see it from TM on Apr 23, I will switch to Cingular immediately. She assured that I will not be disappointed. (BTW, I have a company phone from Cingular)

So this is just what I was told. If it is not happening, just means being screwed by TM one more time, and the last time.
If you're so upset with TMo then why stay with them just to get your hands on a TMo-branded 8800?? I agree with takeshi, you choose your wireless provider first and foremost to get the best coverage and reliability. Then you choose the BBerry that fits your needs. If you're chasing the latest and greatest phone, you'll be bouncing from one carrier to the next. Eventually each carrier gets a version of the phone anyway, if it proves to be a good platform.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
digitalextremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere between work and home
Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

TMO guatanteed to release 8800 on the 23rd.
__________________
BB Abuser

Last edited by digitalextremes : 04-12-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 171
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalextremes View Post
TMO guatanteed to release 8800 on the 23rd.
I don't recall seeing a TMO press release reflecting such.
__________________
BlackBerry 8800
T-MO BIS
T-MO 4.5.0.37
Desktop Manager 4.5
PIN 205CC25C
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
digitalextremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere between work and home
Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I cannot share the details but it will be released.
__________________
BB Abuser
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Pizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,385
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

***moving to Rumor Mill***
Offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Webby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike30 View Post
I don't recall seeing a TMO press release reflecting such.
I spoke to a Blackberry rep at T-Mobile yesterday and she told me the 8800 will be coming out 4/23 just like someone posted above. She checked out the promo stuff that T-Mobile had.
Offline  
Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Halford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 91
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
I spoke to a Blackberry rep at T-Mobile yesterday and she told me the 8800 will be coming out 4/23 just like someone posted above. She checked out the promo stuff that T-Mobile had.

Anyone seen 8820 yet?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.