BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Greer, SC
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Next gen Curve pics leaked

Please Login to Remove!

From BlackBerryCool.com

Next gen Curve pics leaked | BlackBerry Cool
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
BryanHarig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.94
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 1,112
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

all I want is GPS and a camera damnit!

Looks nice though, too bad it wont launch in the black color.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
ShaneToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 589
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Frankly, I prefer the all silver colour scheme of my rogers 8300r. Not sure if non-rogers versions are similar in appearance, but this is a HOT phone. WiFi would be nice, but I don't need it. GPS would be sweet.
__________________
Blackberry Curve (8300r) on Rogers (Toronto, ON) with hosted BES. Previously: 8700r and 7290.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I envy the camera however WiFi isn't a big deal for me as EDGE does the job just fine for me.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
mas90guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Connecticut
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If I'm not mistaken BGR had this quite a few months ago. Could swear there was a model with the wifi symbol when the 8300 stuff first broke.

Would be cool if they offered T-Mobile@Home via this device. That remains to be seen.
__________________
http://www.s-consult.com
Schulz Consulting
Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Support and Consulting
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Greer, SC
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
If I'm not mistaken BGR had this quite a few months ago. Could swear there was a model with the wifi symbol when the 8300 stuff first broke.

Would be cool if they offered T-Mobile@Home via this device. That remains to be seen.
He did...but it didn't have the 3.2mp camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, or a couple other features they mention in this article.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tejas
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 303
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've got a question about the WiFi. Obviously, T-Mobile is going to lock it to their pay plan, but if one of these is unlocked and used on AT&T (or others) is there any hope of the WiFi working?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm sure the wifi will work regardless of carrier.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bucketmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocean City, MD
Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon 5.0.0.xxx
Posts: 182
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

All I know is this is gunna be one sweet bb...media streaming and wifi...upgraded camera....glad I waited for tmo...looks like their comin through with the better version....this baby looks sweet!!!
__________________
Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. "Bill Murray-Stripes"
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tejas
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 303
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARHYTHMATIK View Post
I'm sure the wifi will work regardless of carrier.
But T-Moble's WiFi is pay for use. So I would assume it's locked to a proxy or something similar. So assuming you get an unlocked T-Mobile version (and maybe even another carrier's software loaded) is the WiFi setting just a simple change?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
donthateme13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: new york
Model: curve
Carrier: tmo
Posts: 184
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
If I'm not mistaken BGR had this quite a few months ago. Could swear there was a model with the wifi symbol when the 8300 stuff first broke.

Would be cool if they offered T-Mobile@Home via this device. That remains to be seen.
indeed he did i dont hes also had the 8820 since feb and the pics of both the 8820 and the 8320 are still up on the site.....
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
BryanHarig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.94
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 1,112
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
But T-Moble's WiFi is pay for use. So I would assume it's locked to a proxy or something similar. So assuming you get an unlocked T-Mobile version (and maybe even another carrier's software loaded) is the WiFi setting just a simple change?
T-mobile has never locked wifi on a single one of their devices. I am positive you will be able to use it on any wifi network you want. Who do you think they are? Verizon?

It will certinly be able to use their @home service or their hotspots wifi service though.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tejas
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 303
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

But doesn't their @home service come at a flat monthly rate? What are you paying for? Hardware rental? If they're charging a fee, what are they providing in exchange for the fee? And is it required to use the WiFi?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Let me say that this reply is not directed at BBCool, by any means (I'm part of the staff there), but the source of this article appears to have pieced together various tidbits from here and there and put them into a 'leaked' news posting. No offense, but unless they plan on changing something from the current release-ready models that would be the basis of this 'leak' versus the actual retail models, the camera is NOT 3.2MP or higher. It's still 2.0MP (or 1600x1200). The rest of the new features posted in hayden's thread (thus his 'source') seems to be almost verbatim of the Komet's laundry list of features published on BGR, sans SureType-specific metrics. I'm not saying hayden's source is wrong, but given the incorrect camera megapixels (unless they figured out how to royally screw up 2080x1544 as 1600x1200 in the GUI) and the fact that the date of the release is still the old rumored September month (this was the 'unrealistic' goal month), then this information is suspicious, at best. Perhaps some real pictures and fabricated content...?
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
But doesn't their @home service come at a flat monthly rate? What are you paying for? Hardware rental? If they're charging a fee, what are they providing in exchange for the fee? And is it required to use the WiFi?
To utilize the HotSpot@home service, it's free. With that said, it'll still take away from your pool of minutes, no matter the call origin. You could pay a flat $9.99 for unlimited Wi-Fi calls and if the call was made from your device while connected to a Wi-Fi access point or HotSpot, then you could go wherever you wanted, switching over to the T-Mobile network and back and forth and back and so on, without being charged a penny or a minute. Hope that explains it.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tejas
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 303
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Gotcha. So the "free" version just gives you a better signal at your house, whereas you can get a flat rate home calling plan for $10/month.

So with an unlocked phone (absent any AT&T comparable plan), you will basically just get a signal, but no free calling?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
i robot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 9000
Carrier: o2
Posts: 198
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

its the next big thing. I have the curve just over a week and they're upgrading it. Oh my good god they could have given me a month to gloat
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Greer, SC
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Let me say that this reply is not directed at BBCool, by any means (I'm part of the staff there), but the source of this article appears to have pieced together various tidbits from here and there and put them into a 'leaked' news posting. No offense, but unless they plan on changing something from the current release-ready models that would be the basis of this 'leak' versus the actual retail models, the camera is NOT 3.2MP or higher. It's still 2.0MP (or 1600x1200). The rest of the new features posted in hayden's thread (thus his 'source') seems to be almost verbatim of the Komet's laundry list of features published on BGR, sans SureType-specific metrics. I'm not saying hayden's source is wrong, but given the incorrect camera megapixels (unless they figured out how to royally screw up 2080x1544 as 1600x1200 in the GUI) and the fact that the date of the release is still the old rumored September month (this was the 'unrealistic' goal month), then this information is suspicious, at best. Perhaps some real pictures and fabricated content...?
hmm...interesting
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
vandal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 131
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

3.2 mega pixel camera???


"I WANT IT NOW!"


I really hope (depending on the provider I am guessing) that you can send those 3.2 megapixel pictures through MMS, because we cant even send them at its highest quality.

Last edited by vandal : 06-29-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
Gotcha. So the "free" version just gives you a better signal at your house, whereas you can get a flat rate home calling plan for $10/month.

So with an unlocked phone (absent any AT&T comparable plan), you will basically just get a signal, but no free calling?
Correct. This extends their network 'virtually'. One thing I did forget to mention is that it was reported during their beta testing in metro areas that people would actually make an effort to make their calls at the local Starbucks or something else. Most of the time, you'd notice people being too lazy to take advantage for what they're paying for (for instance, I pay $100/mo for digital cable and OnDemand and all that crap, yet I've only watched actual television 4 times in past 3.5 months I've been in Atlanta), so that is an astonishingly high percentage of users who go out of their way to get free calls.

Regardless, I think it's a great idea. They are the first to market with GAN/UMA, so that's pretty huge for the non-trailblazing TMO. AT&T won't have something similar for another 1-2 years.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.