BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
EPIC MOD
 
ezrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Model: ZED10
OS: DOS 3.1
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 12,214
Post Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default WiFi BB

Please Login to Remove!

FCC approved the first BB with wifi yesterday! I am sure it is here on BBF somewhere but i didnt search I am too excited
__________________
ZED 10
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
FCC approved the first BB with wifi yesterday! I am sure it is here on BBF somewhere but i didnt search I am too excited
There have been BlackBerry devices with WiFi capabilities for quite some time.
It's certainly not the first one that was approved yesterday.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 953
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (t-mobile pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I don't know if it was the first aproved, but if released, it will be the first with wi-fi.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The 7270 has been released for a couple years, however this is the first model that actually combines a GSM device with Wi-Fi capabilities and GAN/UMA integration. They are claiming the form-factor to be the 8820 model.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBChristopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 646
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey mods... can we join these two? there in one in the 8300 forum too...

__________________
24A3F370 (9000)
East Coast Shoutin!!!!!!
"Imagine the Possibilities", Run Silent..Run Swift
850, 950, 957, 7100, 7130, 8100, 8800, 8310, 9000
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
theBorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100
Posts: 614
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
They are claiming the form-factor to be the 8820 model.
I though this was an 8320?

Oh, let this 88xx come to T-Mo!
__________________
--------------
8300 Curve: viigo, gmail, google maps, way too many emails/day
Offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorg View Post
I though this was an 8320?

Oh, let this 88xx come to T-Mo!
It will. As for the 8320 vs 8820, PhoneScoop is reporting it's the 8800 series Wi-Fi device (8820). You can have a look in some of the reports from the FCC:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
Grantee Code: L6A
Date Range: 07/01/2007 - 07/10/2007

The product model listed is RBG41GW, which is a model number for the 8800, oddly enough. The battery used in the tests was a BAT-1105-001, which is the one used in the 8800 (the 8300 has a different battery).

I wasn't actually expecting the 8820 to be released, as TMO never once mentioned anything about it. But this does make sense, sort of.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
tripz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: 2418EF97
Carrier: The New AT&T
Posts: 56
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

about time... WIFI bb awesome. jumping for joy lol
__________________
Blackberry; the world in the palm of your hands.

PIN: 2418EF97
Offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
It will. As for the 8320 vs 8820, PhoneScoop is reporting it's the 8800 series Wi-Fi device (8820). You can have a look in some of the reports from the FCC:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
Grantee Code: L6A
Date Range: 07/01/2007 - 07/10/2007

The product model listed is RBG41GW, which is a model number for the 8800, oddly enough. The battery used in the tests was a BAT-1105-001, which is the one used in the 8800 (the 8300 has a different battery).

I wasn't actually expecting the 8820 to be released, as TMO never once mentioned anything about it. But this does make sense, sort of.
At first I was disappointed because it wasn't the 8320. But I might actually scoop this up if it does drop for T-Mobile. I went to an AT&T store and picked up the Curve joint. It is nice but for me it is almost too small (if there is such a thing). I guess I have gotten used to the heft of the 8700g, and need something that, for me, feels weighty almost. Maybe I just need more time with the Curve.
Offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
tripz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: 2418EF97
Carrier: The New AT&T
Posts: 56
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
At first I was disappointed because it wasn't the 8320. But I might actually scoop this up if it does drop for T-Mobile. I went to an AT&T store and picked up the Curve joint. It is nice but for me it is almost too small (if there is such a thing). I guess I have gotten used to the heft of the 8700g, and need something that, for me, feels weighty almost. Maybe I just need more time with the Curve.
yeah just give it time. its suppose to be awesome but i dunno ima let you tell me that
__________________
Blackberry; the world in the palm of your hands.

PIN: 2418EF97
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.