BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: att
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HTML email

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know when HTML email will be available? Its frustrating to constantly be getting emails with links as opposed to the embedded information.
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BlackBerryCoolSimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 656
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Check out Empower until RIM integrates the feature. It does the job pretty well.
__________________
BlackBerry Cool
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail. Like BlackBerryCoolSimon said, Empower is a good choice, as is BlackBerry Smart, for viewing the e-mails in HTML format.
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
jibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jibi's Secret Place
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.174
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11,310
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I don't see RIM natively supporting HTML e-mail in the BlackBerries any time soon, as it is less secure than plain-text e-mail.
For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
__________________
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
Cool beans. I might have to get back on the BES bandwagon. ExchangeMyMail, here I come!
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Jagga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Posts: 862
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
Some REAL Dope Right Thar!

Man I CANNOT wait!

BB8820 or 8320 or better yet if Pearl 2 show's up with WiFi & 3.2MP camera (I pray with auto focus - to replace my SE K790: screen is soo small coming form a Pearl) - I'll be a happier than a prince in the finest Harem!
__________________
Senior help desk administrator (rim_db_admin_sr_helpdesk)
Serious Mobile
Offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?
Offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timb00 View Post
I am a BlackBerry user back to when they looked like pagers. Recently, my company shut down all of our BES servers and migrated to Smart Phones using MMS 3.0 to sync with Exchange. Recently, I saw a co-worker with an 8800 that seemed to be syncing with Exchange (including calendars and contacts) without using a BES server or IMAP. I am very interested in moving to the 8800 from AT&T if I can make this work. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?
Please start your own topic rather than hijacking someone elses.
Your questions have nothing to do with HTML email on the Blackberry.

(For the sake of answering... you can't wirelessly sync contacts and calendar on a BlackBerry without having BES.)
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
For BIS users, I would say your comments would be complitely applicable and BBSmart Email or Empower (bleh) would be a good alternative for the temporary time period. I would say the next major release of BIS (2.4, possibly 3.0) will feature HTML email and full PIM synchronization for supported mail systems (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

For BES users, expect this functionality before the end of the year, most likely, although there will be obvious limitations.
Full PIM sync with Google mail, calendar and contacts would be the tits.
Offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
lawizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western NC
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular - the new AT&T
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think my dreams are coming true! Natively syncing with Google and Yahoo would be the bomb! I can't wait. I use Gcalsync and still can't get the time zones to sync correctly and I use Empower for my HTML email.(See I was paying attention to the heading of this thread!) : )
__________________
So many gadgets, so little time!
Offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.
Offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Doody View Post
Brand new BlackBerry user here. Just started a few hours ago.

I understand that BlackBerry doesn't natively support HTML-formatted Email now. How do you guys deal with this? Is there a way to at least strip the code and have it show the text? I'm looking at a Netflix "your movie sent message", and I'm having a really hard time wading through all this mucky code.

Are these other products mentioned 3rd party Email clients, or plugins of some sort?

I'm using BIS.
Good info in this thread:
HTML Email Viewers
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.