View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

ashleyg.smith, welcome to the forums.

1. If the ATT network is your issue in north Alabama (what part are you in? Birmingham here.), then replacing the handset 14 times will NEVER solve a network issue. That's like changing tires on your car, because the gas tank has a leak.

So, is it the BlackBerry, the network, the SIM? Have you tried another non-RIM device? If it worked well, you could determine that the device is the issue, and if you can use your currently bad SIM in the other device and it works or doesn't work, then that would help you further to determine the source of the issue.

And, finally, if you ever drive out of your home service area, do you get dropped calls, say for instance if you were in Birmingham?

I know I was the east Morgan/south Madison County area over the past two months some and experienced a couple dropped calls and EDGE moving to 'edge' and GSM. However, I know also, the ATT signal in those area is constantly bad anyway from ATT's own website coverage map, and the mountains and valleys there make it hard to hold a signal when driving long distance.
Offline   Reply With Quote