View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #9
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

finch, I apologize for stating this here, but its worth it for the cause...

ace_2005, you know... you are truly amazing. I just got to reading through some of your posts, from the one where you were concerned about your company switching to GoodLink from BES to the others where you said that I was pro-BB and not telling the truth about upgrading from BES 3.6 to BES 4.0, etc. Oh yeah, I forgot the one where you stated that you worked for one of the largest brokerage companies in the nation.

4/11:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_2005
I have prevented the sales calls from Good Technology for the past 6 months. Finally they got through to our CIO and convinced him to do a pilot. I am the BES Admin with over 2000 users. Should I be concerned about my future at the company? All of the executives are really pleased with the Goodlink 4.0 and have ordered 200 licenses this week. What should I do to keep my job? Is Good really competing with RIM?
4/11:
Quote:
I support BES for one of the largest mortgage brokers in the country. They want to be able to use the eKEY as well as the multiple listing service at the same time. The BB does not have these capabilities. Will there be a BB device with the ir-port?
4/14:
Quote:
I have just been forced to install GL 4.0 in my network. We have about 2000 users currently on BES. What things should I be weary of? Should I be concerned if more of our upper execs decide to switch? This has been a rough month because I tried everything possible to prevent Goodlink from getting in house and now they are there. Our CIO sees me a someone who wants to protect my job and not be in the best interests of the company. Have any of you experienced this? Should I have allowed our company to demo their product before they went above my head?
7/18:
Quote:
I am curious to know if Cisco Systems is currently using Blackberry. Anyone of you guys know?
8/16:
Quote:
This is seriously a joke. Most of the admins here especially JIBI are pro BB and are giving bad info. Why dont you tell the truth and let these folks know that BES 4.0 is a very tedious task and will require months of planning and other expensive resources.
First off, to answer the latter quote, in my environment, it required a month of testing, a week of meetings, and about 30 minutes for an upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0 in our production environment. The only money spent was none, as the upgrade was free and the same hardware (which was already beefy enough) was used. I have plenty of experience with the upgrade process, which is why I've commented as much. As for being 'pro-BB' what the hell do you think people come to BlackBerryForums.com for? To be told not to use BlackBerry devices and to switch to GoodLink-compatible devices? Get real, bub.

My whole point in this post is that perhaps you should have been one of the people that Good Technology laid off for surfing the internet and posting on forums while on the job.

Pretending that you're someone else, in a situation that you weren't in, all for the purposes of promoting your own product... how pathetic?!

Just a hint, if you want to pretend that you work for a company that you don't and that you are implementing a solution that your actual company designs and manufacturers (in this case, GoodLink), then don't post from your damn company behind your damn company firewall that can easily be traced back to Good Technology.

GOOD TECHNOLOGY GOOD-TEC92-131 (NET-12-175-131-0-1)
12.175.131.0 - 12.175.131.255

Last edited by jibi; 09-21-2005 at 05:35 PM..