View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 AM   #11
Kieran30

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 UK

O2 have told me they dont support GPS on the 8110 and you need to subscribe to a 3rd party application? Im really confused by this whole issue!

on BB maps, all i get is 'searching for satellite' then 'unable to aquire gps lock' if i go to options>advanced options>gps>refresh gps it scans for satellites, but never picks any up!!! PLease help, this is driving me nuts!!!

Alright so after a day of trying, the 8110 GPS has decided to work! Not sure what I did, but I kept refreshing GPS service and also starting GPS navigation - suddenly its picking up 10 satellites and finding my location - its quite a neat little tool.
Update to post...GPS works fine!!!
when o2 say they dont support GPS, what they mean is the 8110 does not have a built in sat nav system. the GPS works fine at finding where you are etc and giving a long/lat reference. Mine is nearly always accurate to 1.37meters. If your having problems, keep trying to refresh GPS service (options>advanced options>gps>refesh GPS service. as well as starting the GPS navigation in BB maps. I assume it needs to somehow set itself up but keep trying these things in various locations and it will work. Once the sats are picked up for the first time, it will subsequently find your location within a few seconds. Dont try it in the office surrounded by computers (like i did!! ) as this will interfere with the set up.

Last edited by Kieran30; 08-21-2008 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Update to Post
Offline   Reply With Quote