View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
faithfullyclever

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Default BB 8820 Trackball (T-Mobile) doesn't Click and...

Please Login to Remove!

BB 8820 trackball (for T-mobile) doesn't click and... on occasion acts like it is being clicked. When it clicks on its own, it drives me crazy because you can't do anything with it (like write an email or write in a note pad). One time I was trying to send an email and it was acting up like this and I sent out 3 or 4 incomplete emails because it would open up the small menu window and send in a split second.

The trackball actually got stuck a few times so I opened it up to clean out lint a few times, but it appears that the last time the roller ball clicked was before I went to clean out lint on one of the occasions that it needed to be cleaned. When I put the roller ball back in, it just would not click anymore, so it seemed. And then it started clicking on its own, like I mentioned above. Seems almost like it is stuck in the pushed mode or something every once in awhile. It appears to drain the battery quickly too when it is stuck. I can tell it is in the stuck mode too, because when I have not touched the phone for awhile and its screen is dark, the phone will light up like someone is trying to call, but in the end no one is calling. It is more like acting like I touched a button on the phone (though I did nothing).

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Timothy

Last edited by faithfullyclever; 09-22-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: typo correction
Offline   Reply With Quote