View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #20
YvilKittyInSpace

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Hey everyone!

I came from a 3G iPhone to my first BB, a 8310. I can't believe all the features that I could have had if I would have saved my money and bought a Curve instead. There are dozens and dozens of things the BB does that the iPhone simply can't do.

Sure I was able to live without these features in 15 months of owning an iPhone and I wish I had those 15 months back to experience over again but this time with a Curve.

Since owning the iPhone over the past few months, I rarely used it for email as it was just too slow at downloading messages. The iPhone would download the message headers only and then the actual message once you selected it. Sometimes if there were attachments such a big photo, it was just to slow. Two weeks ago, I was trying to download a photo that a friend sent and I wanted to show it someone at work. It was too slow on edge so I switched to 3G. No service. I wait and wait. No service. I reboot the phone and finally, 3G service. The email finally downloads and I am able to show the photo. I think that experience made me realize how aweful and embarrassing the iPhone can be. The Curve does email flawlessly and the only delays are when dowloading attchments and even then, the delays are brief as you know.

With my Curve, I have had both of my email accounts on since day one, something I couldn't do with the iPhone because that cobined with WiFi and 3G, the battery life was horrible. Like others, it wouldn't make it through a day.

Don't even get me started on the MMS and and lack of cut and paste and creating folders and a ton of other stuff I have been having fun with in the week of owning my Curve, 1 week anniversary by the way!

So, I have two of these white 3G phones. I'm going to sell one on eBay this week to cover the cancellation costs of the contract. The second will go on eBay the day I can buy a Bold to replace it.

I use two phones, one as a landline replacement and the other for work and personal. I'm sure one can picture the benefits of keeping certain aspects seperate with two phones.

Why oh why, didn't I get a BB long ago?

Last edited by YvilKittyInSpace; 10-20-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote