View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #150
Lotus99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

OK, I updated mine, and here are my issues and observations. I am on Rogers, and had OS 4.2.1.94 before this. I noticed someone else on Rogers also upgraded, but didn't have any issues.

Overall, the new look and feel is very cool. What a major upgrade! Thanks for the OP for putting it up!
  1. When someone leaves a voice message, not only do you see the icon indicating a VM, but also an SMS is sent to you. Well, when I used to listen to the VM, the icon would disappear, and the SMS would also automatically get deleted. The SMS isn't going away anymore, and I need to now manually delete it. Is this b/c the previous OS was a Rogers one?
  2. Booting up after a battery pull used to only take 30 seconds or so (never really timed it as it didn't seem super long). Now it takes 3 minutes and I've done the battery pull maybe 5 times tonight since the OS install to see if it improves, but it hasn't.
  3. Took a long time the first few times I went into media or pictures (via Camera) so I reformatted the media card as it was suggested, and now have no music on it at all, and have only 4 pics on the BB itself, but it still takes like 30 seconds to load each picture?

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote