hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb Best Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
I found the Storm's camera to be excellent, considering that it it "just a phone camera". I use it for taking pictures of houses for real estate listings. You may want to fiddle with the settings to adjust the camera functions to your tastes, however.

While this may be disappointing, there are no "best settings" for the camera.

What there are is settings that are appropriate for different lighting settings.

The "White" setting is equivalent to White Balance settings on real digital cameras. This setting is the most important setting on the camera as it adjusts the color balance of the camera for specific lighting situations.

For example. if you are shooting indoor under fluorescent light, but this setting is set to Sunny, the picture will come out with a green tint. Relying on the automatic setting is questionable.

Try to stabilize the camera by bracing it against something fixed. This is particularly important if you have the image stabilization off. Any motion will result in a blurred picture, particularly under low light or indoor conditions. Shooting outdoors in bright sun is likely to give the best results.

I am surprised that the camera is not the same as that found in other BB models, but who knows what drives these decisions. GOod luck 73
Offline   Reply With Quote