Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
bubbatex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFanboy View Post
Just wanted to note - you can actually use a blackberry one handed - I whip it out from my belt at a stoplight, enter the password (single handed use), check email, reply sometimes and stick it back in the belt in about 30 seconds - try that with any other smartphone.

Also you will need the BES server to sync to exchange, but if you have less than 25 users then RIM has a cheaper option for you - in the form of the small business server.

Also - I'd ask that you look at the Bold as an option to the curve - if you have 3G in your area, and as a business user I am sure that you can appreciate being able to send and recieve email while talking on the phone.
Dude - you can check email one handed with virtually any smartphone - I do exactly what you described all the time with my Q9c.

And the Bold is on ATT - looks like the OP is a VZW guy.

OP - Fanboy is correct about the lower cost small biz server - and you will need it to sync email, calendar, contacts and task OTA. That is one really nice thing about WM - ActiveSync is free with Exchange and pushes all of these updates to your phone in real-time and vice-versa. However, it sounds like a BB might be better for you.
Offline   Reply With Quote