View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
kdav78

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default Lying verizon salesmen

Please Login to Remove!

I've just found out that for people who go to verizon wireless corporate stores looking to upgrade might get the answer "sorry all sold out" while new customers are able to get the phone in store. Here is the background to what I've had to go through. I went the the local verizon wireless corportate store where I live looking to purchase the phone. However, storm was sold out but they told me that another store (located in 30 Mall Dr W # K38, Jersey City, NJ - (201) 239-4000) has 9 storms available. So, the sales person called the JC store to ask them to hold the phone until I get there... After few minutes the store salesperson basically told me they only sell it to NEW customers not upgrading customer... My response was "WHAT!!" thats ridiculous. I decided to call verizon and basically told the supervisor the story. The supervisor call me back and basically tells me that the store manager told him the store has no storms available.

So, I decided to go to the JC store with my wife, telling her to pretend to be a NEW customer. I went into the store about 5 mins after her pretending to be a upgrade customer. Basically, sales person my wife was dealing with tells her they have about 4 left. The sales person I was dealing with tells me it's sold out. Furious, I called back the supervisor and explained the situation and how they lied to him and me. The supervisor called the store manager directly and after couple of mins I was given the storm. How legal is this? Can they discriminate who to sell to? I will be definiately be consulting my lawyer friends about the legality of this experience.

To all if you who go/went to any verizon store.. I would first act like a NEW customer rather than telling them you're looking to upgrade. Looks like their policy is to be nice to new customers while for people looking to upgrade get the shit treatment.

Has anyone experience this before.

Last edited by kdav78; 12-20-2008 at 05:14 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote