bogman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan3 View Post
First time post. Greetings all.

So I ordered Apple's new In-Ear Headphones with mic in hopes I could use it for both calls and for playing tunes on my new Bold. The first time I tried to use the headphones with the Bold no sound came out of the headphones and no headphone icon appeared in the Bold's music app. Headphones didn't work with the phone either. I figured there was an incompatibility and I should move on.

Upon further testing, I noticed something interesting. If I initiate a phone call and THEN plug in the headphones, the Bold will recognize the headphones, and the headphones (including the mic) will work (though the volume control won't). If I then switch to the music app, the headphones will work with the music app. But if I unplug the headphones and then plug them back in, the Bold won't recognize them, and I have to initiate the phone call process again.

Blackberry-supplied headphones work fine; I just don't like them.

Sort of odd. Smells like a bug to me. Any thoughts/explanations?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new year.
I use the Shure iPhone "cable" with a microphone and a socket for your headphones - and have similiar issues. Occassionally I can't get the music player to recognise the headphones.
Offline   Reply With Quote