View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
mhuckaby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Are your sound settings are whacked also?

Please Login to Remove!

I don't want my phone to make any sound when I receive an email. I have 6 email address set up in my Storm. In the sound settings of each one, I have the volume set to "silent." However, if my phone is set to medium, loud or normal, I still get get a notification sound regardless of the fact I set each email to silent. Why?

So I created a custom profile with each email address set to silent and if my Storm is in that custom profile mode, I do NOT get a notification sound when an email is received. So why is it working "correctly" in my custom profile, but not when set to a predefined setting?

Also, what is up with the names of the sound profiles: medium, loud and normal? Medium is actually the softest of the three. Normal is really medium and loud is the loudest. Couldn't they have named them: soft, medium and loud?

Does "Silent" make everything of every type silent (calls, emails, reminders, etc.)?

Does "Vibrate" give a vibration for every type (calls, emails, reminders, etc.) and no sound is made at all?

I'm also assuming that in "Phone calls only" only a phone call makes a sound and everything else is completely silent? True?

What about "All alerts off?"

Thanks,
Mark
Offline   Reply With Quote