View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
jbs-horn

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXF View Post
Are there any G-Mail users out there who are able to have deletes which are performed within G-mail propogate out to the Blackberry via BIS????

I use ATT BIS and when I called ATT support they indicate that BIS doesn't support this, however, Blackberry support pages
"KB05133 Email reconciliation features for BlackBerry Internet Service"
say

"BlackBerry Internet Service supports full two-way email reconciliation of deletions, both from the BlackBerry smartphone to the mailbox, and from the mailbox to the BlackBerry smartphone."

I have one week left before I'm permantently stuck in a two year contract with AT&T. If another cell provider can do this I'll switch in an instant, but I have no way of knowing who is full of crap on this one!

Please help out a newbie and let me know what is real here .....

Thanks!
AT&T support is wrong. There is two-way reconciliation of deletions. Deletions from gmail to the Blackberry through BIS can take a substantial amount of time to propagate, but if you're patient enough it will happen.

By default BIS will set up an integrated gmail account using gmail's POP server. By following the instructions found on gmail's help site you can set it up using gmail's IMAP server. That will give you one-way BB to gmail reconciliation of read/unread status that POP doesn't support.
Offline   Reply With Quote