View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
Yes, yes you do! Roundabouts are brilliant.

I hope you don't get them though. I love watching US drivers navigating roundabouts.
I love watching US drivers on most English roads, actually. There is always confusion why the roads are so "bendy" for no reason, but a lot of the infrastructure here dates back thousands of years (they were dirt roads pre-Roman times) - in those days, it was easier to go round the tree than move the tree and build a straight road.
Yes, there are two very close to me. One is at the entrance to my apartment complex, and the other is about 2 km away. You have no idea how many times I've almost been wrecked by idiots going through the roundabout incorrectly at my complex, who then get belligerent when you call them out. It pisses me off to no end. The other one is much bigger, so it isn't quite as bad, but it still happens.

Here's the one at my apartment:

dc/dc = red, idiots = blue

Anyway that's a bit off-topic, but sort of on since my biggest frustration with the imperial system is on the roads. It makes so much more sense to say that an exit from the motorway is 500 m ahead instead of 1/3 mi.