View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipeduamaral View Post
About the payment... Actually we (blackberry support professionals) have a good remuneration in this area? Here in Brazil I didn't find an expecific function to support a BES enviroment, and I don't know if will gonna be nice to work with this. I'm new with this job (BB Supporting) and i would like to commit in BES studying, but i'm confuse about the future of this technology. Can you tell me about this function there in your countries? Does many people works with BES? Its a very competitive market?

Thanks
I'm in the UK but supporting a BES here and in the US, and users worldwide. I can only really comment about my area but generally the previous comments hold true for here. That is, mostly you aren't a mobility admin, you are a messaging admin who does mobility, coz it's messaging . Yes I know some strictly mobility guys in the UK but not many that I have come across outside of huge corporations who can afford that function.

They tend to be messaging guys who either do the mobility when they can fit it in (like me) or who get so overwhelmed with mobility, they evetually get to do that full-time. I would love to do mobililty full time but have never seen the job advertised in my area, it's always an add-on to messaging. I think that as long as you have a solid understanding of the messaging infrastructure behind the mobility (as jletendre says), paper is never as important as experience. We always take provable skills over paper due to the ease with which the paper can be bought.