View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #46
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I've been away for a couple of weeks and now that I'm home, and have access to a pc (IBM ThinkPad), I'm going to update the OS on my Bold. I'm still running the original .125
The original Roger's OS caused constant rebooting in the US on ATT. I had no problems in Canada with the original Rogers OS. Rogers recommended to upgrade to .162, which I did when back in Canada, to avoid any possible issues with BES reinitializing. Since then I have used .167 (the ATT OS), but found that it used more memory than any other I have tried. I also have used .185 (used less memory than .167) and immediately upgraded to .190 (just because it was available - did not use .185 long enought to give an opioion). I have been on .216 for over a week, with no real issues. I was on .190 for well over a month before upgrading to .216. My feeling now is that .190 is the best, being just a little bit better in pulling in 3g signals than .216. I keep my phone on 3g only in order to prevent going to edge in degraded signal areas, such as my work place on the 26th floor.
Offline   Reply With Quote