Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #105
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
I agree, still have the Media Card issue. I am almost convinced this is in there just to be a PIA for those that want to use beta versions How hard can it be to fix the media card issue. I just pull it with the battery like you and insert once the phone has started.

For the camera issue, mine was working fine then after a battery pull, can't remember why, I read your comment and decided to try it. No storage, the camera screen would "flicker" but no sound with regards to the click and save occurred. I went into options, changed the save location to the BB from the media card, saved, went back in and changed back to media card, all is good.

Another poster queried the possibility of the memory card being bad, this is my second storm and memory card and it has happened with .83, .85, .86 and now .90 on two different Storms.

Thanks for the tip. Changing the storage location to the device, saving, then back to the media card fixed the camera issue.

Now if they can just get rid of that "media card inserted" crap when you do a battery pull or re-boot. BTW even removing the media card and booting the device up does not help. I have gotten "no media card" inserted when the device re-boots, followed by the verizon wireless logo screen. I had to pull the battery on mine 3 times in a row before it finally booted up normally without any media card error.