Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BIS email question

Please Login to Remove!

I have been searching through the past posts and I'm not sure if this question hasn't been updated.

When I got my BB, I set up all three of my previously existing email accounts via the "personal email setup" but avoided setting up a new BB email account. I figured the last thing I need is another email account to keep track of. During the setup process, the BB asked if I wanted POP or IMAP and I chose POP but with the additional option of leaving the email on the server. (Sort of seems like IMAP). Anyway, as far as I know, because I didn't set up a new BB email account, I don't know if I even have a "BIS Account" to log into.

So, my question involves filters. I don't leave my computer at home on all the time but only turn it on when I get home. And I want ALL my email to come into my Outlook on my home computer. The whole idea of setting up the email accounts on my BB was so I could "preview" my email while I was away. I have strong spam filters on my email servers but I still get a lot of email from certain advertisers that I do business with and would like to be able to set up some kind of filter so that these emails wouldn't make it to my BB. I want all my email except for a few specific advertisers that email me way too much to make it to my BB.

Is there any way to acomplish this or am I just wishing for too much?