Old 02-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

This is an email I received today regarding 8900 themes:

Hello Mr. B.,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support.

In response to your recent message regarding Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK), I would be happy to answer your question.

At this time the most recently released version of the Plazmic CDK is version 4.6, which is supported by and coincides with the same version of BlackBerry handheld software. Unfortunately, since the BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Javelin) runs on handheld software version 4.6.1, it is currently not compatible with the CDK. Thus, any themes created using the Plazmic CDK will not work on your phone yet.

Any information on such a release would only be speculation at this time. Rest assured that we are aware of the immense amount of interest in such a product within the development community. The only information that I can offer you, would be to continue visiting [ plazmic ] for any updates or news on such a release. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused in the meantime.

Thank you for your interest in BlackBerry development, and have a great day!

Sincerely,

James
Software Engineer Analyst
BlackBerry Application Development Support
Customer Support Operations - Research In Motion
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone
[ plazmic ]