Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #254
wobly
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2shiftn View Post
Ah you got lucky....

I ordered mine on the 18th. The CSR was kind and I even took the expedited shipping offer. Said I should receive the phone on the 20th......

So sure enough, on the morning of the 20th, I receive the text notifying me that the phone was shipped. I check UPS and it's verified. I get home and sure enough it's on my doorstep. In excitement, I open the package...... Only to see that they sent me an 8820...... The phone I'm already using.

So I called to ask "wtf" and the CSR tells me they're billing me for a 8900 but because I am using an 8820, someone must have gotten confused..... So I asked her, "why would I upgrade and renew my contract for 2 years for the phone i'm calling you on?!". She had no response.

Long story short, they refuse to send me a 8900 until I UPS them the 8820 back, wait for them to receive it, and then contact them to reorder the 8900.... I refused to pull the "I'm a loyal customer" card cause I hate when people do that at my place of business, but now that I think about it, I feel like I deserve some sort of discount for their incompetence.....

Anyone agree?!
I agree. When I ordered the 8220 for my wife back in October, the same thing happened....we received an 8820 instead of the 8220. But, when I called them, they apologized and said the would ship the 8220 immediately, but they would bill me for the 8820 unless it was shipped back within 10 days. Plus, they refuned the amount it would be to ship the 8820 back. And, expedited the 8220 for free.

I would call back and talk with another CSR, if you can.