Old 02-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #120
Barfaroo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
its interesting that garmin came out with this. i've been using telenav for the past 2 yrs. i pay 100/yr for the service. how are the POI's & navigation on the garmin for blackberry ? i have a nuvi 760, and i like using telenav better...

now that i have a storm, telenav display is larger and more comparable to a nuvi...

garmin's is 80 bucks for life of device....so does this mean when you get another device, u have to pay another 80 to use garmin on it ?
I was told that I had 12 months in which I could transfer it to a new phone. After that, I could no longer change it.

As for Nav4All, it's really not comparable to the Garmin. I couldn't even get it to give complete voice directions. Same for Amaze. Garmin Mobile is the only one that works on my 8330, although as I said in a previous post the voice directions are sometimes inconsistent with the visuals. Telmap is another good choice, although I have a slight problem with voice directions being incomplete in that it doesn't say street names even though I have it checked in the Settings box.
Offline   Reply With Quote