View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
winger13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default Sync Outlook data between two computers and two BB's ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All. I am a pre-BB newbie, so forgive me in advance.

I was a very long term Palm user who about 3-4 yrs ago got converted to Windows Mobile because I wanted to sync my Outlook data at work (calender, contacts, tasks, and memos but NOT email). Activesync stinks, the latest issue with WM6.1 is when syncing and more than 100 items of anything (contacts, for example) changes on one computer, sync crashes.

I am now strongly considering a BB (or maybe even two BB's) - heard many good things about it (stability, etc.)

First, I will NOT use the corporate BB plan (I think it is called 'BES', correct ) - just email from our personal email accts (hotmail, yahoo, gmail), just sync using the old, fashion USB cable.

Questions

1) will I be able to sync between two computers (calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos) ? Like we can do with Palm and Activestink (if no issues) ? I want both computers to contain identical info (as well as the BB unit)

2) if I pick up a BB for my wife as well, can we share same contacts but have different calendars, tasks, and memos ?

At home, Outlook currently points to a .PST file on a file server - that file contains all of my calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos.

Thanks much in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote