View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #199
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu View Post
Are you sure? It works fine on my Bold OS v4.6.0.247. You know you have to go to the main Application Home screen before the text will update on the dock icon?
I am aware that I need to go to the main application home screen before the text will update on the dock icon.

Let me try to expand on what is happening. First of all, no matter how long I wait, the text will not update (still shows "N/A") on either the device homescreen or the main application homescreen without first launching the BBWeather app in order to force it to retrieve the current conditions. This might be related to some changes you made a few iterations back:
V0.84 Alpha 2009-02-25 05:23:50 PST
* Changed 30 second delay before weather is downloaded when device first boots to 15 seconds

V0.84 Alpha 2009-02-24 18:52:14 PST
* Changed 60 second delay before weather is downloaded when device first boots to 30 seconds
I am wondering if the additional boot overhead associated with a BES configuration may be causing the initial attempt to download weather following boot to fail -- possibly the 15 second delay is too short. Just a thought...

Second, if I go through the following steps:
  1. change the Default Screen from Current Conditions to Daily Forecast on the BBWeather Options screen
  2. save changes;
  3. exit the app;
  4. reboot device;
  5. launch BBWeather (to force download of weather that doesn't occur automatically); and
  6. return to homescreen,
the icon still shows "N/A" on both homescreen icons, and rolling over either icon displays "BBWeather, time date". If I change the Default Screen option back to Current Conditions, and force an update, the icons (including conditons, text, and rollover text) are properly updated.

Hopefully, this clears things up a bit...
Offline   Reply With Quote