Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
waterheart776

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint (NMCI)
Exclamation Blackberry 8830 - Bluetooth Headset profile disabled

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

I have a friend with a Blackberry 8830 WE through Sprint, issued by NMCI. He does HVAC work. I am an IT professional, and as such, whenever there is a problem that he cannot fix, he brings it to me. I've never set up a BES before, but all a Blackberry is, is a handheld computer (basically). I am having an issue that is frustrating the *you know what* out of me!

He uses his Blackberry with a Bluetooth CAC card reader. The kind of work he does requires him to use his blackberry to send and receive emails, and answer calls. He cannot carry his Blackberry with him while he's working in a panel, because it's a little hard to answer a phone while you're working in a panel with 480 volts circuits that are hot, so he leaves it in the truck, which means he misses calls. He decided to get a bluetooth headset to fix this problem, figuring it would be no issue, right?

WRONG!!!

He tried it, then handed it to me.

I had no problem pairing it with the headset, but when I went to connect it, I got the "Headset has been disabled by your system administrator". message. Short of flashing the firmware (current version: 4.2.2.196) on the phone (which would not be advisable), is there a way to fix this?

Nevermind, I KNOW there's a way to fix this. Can someone please explain to me what I have to do to re-enable the Bluetooth Headset Profile on the 8830 W.E.? I'm sure he's not the only person who's experienced this problem, but I was unable to find any information on this forum, or using google, or every other search engine (including DogPile).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've hacked phones before, but I do not want to damage the firmware installed on this phone in any way, shape, or form; just modify one simple setting to make his work life a whole lot easier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote