View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #33
NewBlackberry_User

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Count me as another person who just searched on this and came upon this forum. I can't believe how utterly ridiculous this situation is. I don't buy any of the arguments that RIM has put forth. How do Windows Mobile devices function properly with Calendaring and Email while automatically changing timezones?

As for the person who said "do your homework"--I guess I should have, but it never crossed my mind that there are ANY phones out there that do not automatically set the time zone.

We just committed to BB/RIM and T-Mobile for our company. This is a minor issue, but had I known about it, I would have at least brought it into consideration, as we have many folks who travel. Furthermore, we have lots of folks travelling internationally. Now they have to remember more than just the US timezones, which is just plain silly.

I hope RIM sorts this out, but based on the history, it doesn't look like they care that much about it. What a shame. I will certainly bring this up to anyone who mentions that they are consiering a BB, as it's obviously not something that most people would even think about asking about.
Offline   Reply With Quote