Old 04-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSamfield View Post
as far as mr. penguin, explain to me what i read incorrectly because i'm pretty sure i understand it completely...if you really feel like i do not, please i would like to know what i'm missing...enlighten me
OK, besides what JSanders has already corrected you on... here's where you are mistaken.

This 12.5% crap you're spewing out is nonsense.
The device is using different memory pools for applications and media. It's not the one chunk of memory that is being cut up by some "military standard".

The device has 128mb of application memory. The most of any BlackBerry to date.

This BlackBerry also has 1GB of additional internal storage to be used for media. The 128mb previously mentioned is NOT part of the 1GB media memory. It's totally separate.
Think of it as a permanently placed 1GB microSD card. (Most BlackBerry devices don't even have this unique feature.)

In addition to those two memory spaces, the device also has a slot for the addition of a microSD memory module.

Those are three separate memory spaces.

The fact that 128mb happens to be about 12.5% of 1GB is completely meaningless and coincidental. There's no military standard that dictates that all internal memory has 12.5% of it devoted to applications and the rest is allowed for media. You made that up yourself by your misinterpretation of some random post on another forum.

Last edited by penguin3107; 04-07-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote