View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
deweya

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BES IT Policy - Security

Please Login to Remove!

This is my first post on this site, I thought I better register as it has been very helpful in the past

I work in the health sector and general protocol is that if you are the first to log into any of our new systems you automatically qualify as the resident expert.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to BES and the IT Policy, so please excuse me if I miss any details.

We have recently migrated to BES 4.1.6 whilst doing our Exchange 2007 migration. We have roughly 320 users on the BES and are experiencing an issue when opening mail that is embedded with an image. It Crashes with App Error 576 and then must be reset.

I have checked the forums and tested the following fix which is to change the 'Disable Persisted Plain Text' to false which resolves the issue.

My question is what implications will this have?

I have read the policy description which quotes:

'Configure this rule only if you require that sensitive data does not persist in plain text form on a BlackBerry® device.'

We have our devices encrypted, does this mean some data will become un-encrypted? As security is a big issue in our organisation at the moment this would be un-acceptable.

Thanks in advanced for any replies.

Adam
Offline   Reply With Quote