View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
ViperSRTJoe

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

I've been researching this issue all day, and actually posted a new thread on the topic.

What I see, is it seems to be the fact that the blackberry does NOT show up on a wireless router with a "computer name". In other words, it is an "unknown" user trying to access the server. Every router that is utilizing security wants to see SOMETHING... whether it is "Joes Laptop" or "Dell Computer" or "Dodge Viper".

On the other hand, try this.... (if you have access to your wireless router config). Turn OFF security. Poof! Blackberry connects instantly.

Turn it back on, delete the saved config (as it now is set up for unsecured network... so you want to get rid of THAT one)... try to refind the router (which you will be able to do)... type in the correct password... and you're back with NO INTERNET ACCESS.

Yes, you will see the router name (in other words the router is connected), but as you mentioned.... no internet access.

We need SOMEONE to figure this out! My first question is HOW DO YOU NAME THE BB SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER DEVICE THAT'S TRYING TO UTILIZE A WIRELESS ROUTER? I think this may be a clue!
Offline   Reply With Quote