View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW

Very Strange.

I just edited some profile settings. Specifically for Level 1/PIN messages to test this.

I sent a level 1 message from our paging system to the device in each profile. If you look at the settings in each profile, they all look the same. Like they should all behave the same. However, when I sent the messages, the phone behaved as expected. Loud as hell in loud, medium volume in medium and normal, vibrated only in vibrate, LED only in silent, nothing in no notification at all in All alerts off, and my custom setting in my custom profile I have.

After reading the Crackberry article. I get the changes and I guess in a way they are good. I was a custom profile user anyway, so I have mine built and it works fine.

A reminder - if you want to edit your custom profile, you have to go to "Custom Profiles" then edit it from there. If you think you are editing by activating the profile and then changing settings, you aren't. You are changing them for the canned profiles.

The more I mess around with it, the more I actually like it this way. I used to have a spreadsheet to keep track of profiles on my Curve!

One thing I DO definitely miss was the "Do Not Disturb" setting for phone. I used this in my silent profile so the phone instantly went to voice mail like you hit "ignore".

Last edited by Joe1004; 07-14-2009 at 09:22 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote