View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #12
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin
As stated, everything BUT the inbox. With BES you can specify sub folders of the inbox without specifying the inbox folder itself. Something I myself found kind of silly not to be able to exclude the Inbox.

...and what does the government use? I thought the DOJ was primarily BB devices? ...Due out in Japan in January, isn't here and now and wasn't then when we looked at devices with that capability.
Federal government is one of our biggest customers. Nowhere near what BB has, but again, they were first to market.

I don't know what you are talking about Japan. Good Mobile Defense is due out in Jan everywhere.

Quote:
right on, but as you pointed out, if someone has a device with a camera, like the CIO or CEO, then it would be better not to support the devices where camera was an option in the first place. ;)
Agreed. Don't support devices with cameras. But have the option to support them in organizations where they are a valuable tool, ie, Real Estate, Insurance, etc.

Quote:
any of these available on Goodlink:

Force LED Blinking When Microphone Is On
Force Content Protection of Master Keys
Allow Smart Card Password Caching
Disable IP Modem
Disable Unverified Certificate Use
Desktop Backup
Minimal Encryption Key Store Security Level
Minimal Signing Key Store Security Level
Disable Persisted Plaintext
Disable DES Transport Crypto
Security Service Colors
Disable Unverified CRLS
Allow Outgoing Call When Locked
FIPS Level
Disable Forwarding Between Services
Disable Radio When Cradled
Disable Cut/Copy/Paste
Disable Stale Status Use
Certificate Status Maximum Expiry Time
Disable Key Store Backup
Trusted Certificate Thumbprints
Disable Weak Certificate Use
Disable Invalid Certificate Use
Allow Split-Pipe Connections
Allow External Connections
Allow Internal Connections
Content Protection Strength
Allow Third Party Apps to Use Persistent Store
Allow Third Party Apps to Use Serial Port
Force Lock When Holstered
Disallow Third Party Application Downloads
Certificate Status Cache Timeout
Key Store Password Maximum Timeout
Disable Key Store Low Security
Disable Peer-to-Peer Normal Send
Disable Message Normal Send
Disable Revoked Certificate Use
Disable Untrusted Certificate Use
Force Smart Card Two Factor Authentication
Lock on Smart Card Removal
Wow. Pretty impressive list. Yes on some, no on others and I have no idea on others. The majority of those have not come up in discussions with my customers. Serious question, how many of those are key in most BB installations? Obviously there was a need somewhere along the way, but, in all seriousness, out of that list, how many of those features were part of the deciding factors for BES?

Quote:
I don't recall the version, but I know it was the latest from Goodlink last November - February? just prior to BES 4.0 coming out.
Version 4.0 was released in March. Entirely different from previous versions, though the inbox sync, which appeared to be the deal killer in your case, didn't change.