View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:36 AM   #15
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

I have to add:

Aside from the technical differences between Goodlink and RIM, I will say this much about the simple process of obtaining BES and Good for evaluation:

RIM: I call they send a copy with a key. This was a short (less than one hour) process and I had what I needed.

Goodlink: I had to submit PURCHASING information and provide them with a signed agreemement, I am talking an actual signiture form I had to submit. Attached to a purchase agreement with real account numbers and everything. The whole process of obtaining an evaluation copy of their product was the SAME as purchasing the product. The only way to evaluate it was to buy it, with a 60 day trial, and when the 60 days expired, if you didn't cancel your subscription, they CHARGED you the full product license fee!!

Wow, talk about taking the evaluation to the next level! Dear GOD, that alone pissed off the managers and financial people who I had to get to do the paper work for assessing the Goodlink product.

I don't know if the model is the same, but Goodlink also charges an anual fee. In the long run, that annual fee was to continue using the service and without it, you couldn't continue using the product.

At least with RIM, as long as you don't need any additional licenses or the latest revision they are charging for, there is no additional and ongoing cost for using their service.