View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 AM   #17
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin

I agree that there is a space and place for items other than BB. But my guess is that anyone who has a serious need to take pictures, carries a fully capable digital camera and doesn't rely on a PDA camera for their regular day-to-day work.
It isn't about taking pictures. Device choice, true 100% hands-off IT administration, additional feature functionality, etc.

Quote:
As for the list of options provided, that is a list of only %25 of the available options used to manage the BB device. Which is my point. BES offers a much larger choice for fine grained control over the devices connected to it. It's not a matter of which options were factors in deciding the fate of the product, it was a matter of having the most choices in the product we chose. In this respect, BES outperformed Goodlink and I suspect, the same is true today.
As I have said previously, there is a place for both solutions. As for being out performed, recent comparisons and reviews counter that statement. However, being that you are one of the few here who looked at both solutions, I accept your opinion.

Quote:
I went back and looked, version 4.0 IS what we evaluated against BES 4.0... IMHO, still no competition between the two products. The fact that BES is proprietary is a huge bonus here, despite what Goodlink marketing states.

As a side note: I did have a one on one online session with Goodlink tech, it was supposed to be a demonstration with a Q&A afterward. The Q&A was more Marketing than a Q&A they provided little or no real detail on the product, they literally AVOIDED answering questions and when I came away from the session, I was no more informed about the product details than I was before hand. A complete waste of time. I never had the same experience with a RIM technical discussion.
I understand your frustration with the online demo process. I would offer a demo to the users here, except the online flame fest I have no doucbt I would receive precludes me from that. In the demo I give, I answer any and all questions I am asked, whether the answer is good or bad. I, personally, would rather sell to existing BB customers rather than those with no solution at all. BB users get the concept and understand the need for real time wireless communication. Then it comes down to Good Vs BB and I relish the comparison.

Thanks for the flame-free discourse. I have learned alot here, not only about the BB/BES product, but also they types of users that are out there.