View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #511
Satypos

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman View Post
I'm going to add a coda here about VVM; just a couple of wrinkles not addressed in this very complete thread. I tried provisioning the service online and it didn't take, so I had to call AT&T. When it finally did take, I had to call a second time to fix the greeting. Even though I'd picked the "standard" greeting, callers trying to leave me a message were being asked to supply the number they were calling. AT&T tech support said this sometimes happens when "you move up to a new platform." They fixed the problem immediately. I moved from 167 to 517; so the wrinkle may have been caused by switching from such an old platform directly to the latest build. Everything else works fine. I'd note that not all options and choices are preserved when you upgrade -- ring tones was one -- but the procedure is relatively painless.
I just upgraded OTA last night. I battery pulled this AM and boot was very fast. I spent a few minutes moving icons, validated that BES is still active all all my settings appear to have remained, and noticed that I can get to App Switcher by holding the menu key now. The only issue is that clicking VVM says provisioning was unsuccessful and to contact my service provider. Is AT&T charging for VVM like everyone else, and that's why it doesn't work?
Offline   Reply With Quote