View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #49
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEMESIS4
The whole Mac vs PC argument is pretty pointless these days. 5 years ago I would have argued differently, but at the present time PC's outperform Mac's on pretty much everything. There is really no argument anymore; it simply comes down to personal preference now.
Exactly -- it's personal preference.

I deal all day long with helping maintaining tens of thousands of Windows machines spread over 48 states all day long. It's a personal perference for me to go home to something different and fun, like my 15" G4 PowerBook that dual boots OS X and Fedora.

I'm not a huge fan of Mac users who get [emotional, whiny, *****y] when a company doesn't support OS X. Honestly, the title of this thread (The Forgotten: Mac Users) rubs me the wrong way because it makes Mac Users sound like victims. Argh.

But I also don't understand Windows people that start in with the "well, you picked Mac knowing that not every company will write for it, so don't even open your mouth if you find something that you want" at the mere notion that a Mac user would want an application like the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to run on OS X.