View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have both phones, the Bold 9700 and the Storm 2 (the 9520 instead of the 9550 from Verizon). I really like both phones and feel that they are two of the best BlackBerry devices built. However, I prefer the Bold 2 for some of the following reasons.

Screen:
The Bold 2 has a better screen than the Storm 2. While it is smaller, it is MUCH sharper and often brighter, whereas the Storm 2 can seem like the resolution it too low much of the time.

Keyboard:
The on-screen keyboard of the Storm 2 is really good and I am not one of those who will act as though it doesn't work. It does. It works well. It is not as good as a real keyboard though. I find that I have to go back and correct much more on the Storm 2 and that is the biggest problem...not the mistakes, correcting them. It is a tedious and annoying process on that phone. RIM could learn from Windows Mobile form this...it is so easy on the Touch Pro 2 and Touch HD to simply select on the screen then correct what I need to when I mistype.

Suspend:
I cannot keep the screen off on the Storm 2 and prevent screen presses without engaging the full password security on the device every time I turn it off. Whereas I can press the mute key on other BlackBerry devices to suspend I must LOCK the Storm 2. Not good and very annoying.

Clicky Screen:
There is no reason for the screen to click so loudly. I understand why RIM wants to give some feedback in selection and typing but in a quiet room the Storm 2 is an annoying device to hear. It is similar to walking through the quietest part of a hospital (or anywhere else really) with squeaky shoes.

My best way to quickly describe the Storm 2...you may have already guessed...Impressive but Annoying.
Offline   Reply With Quote