Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
JennytheSoprano

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8900, No Data Plan (yet), Trying to Use Hotspot Browser

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings!

I am attempting to use an 8900 with no data plan and data services on OFF to access the internet, using Hotspot Browser. I have read a LOT of threads on here, trying not to have to post my own thread, but no luck. I am connected to my wifi, my key worked just fine, and the name of my home's wireless is displaying on my phone. The WiFi icon is grey, and above that it says "edge". Despite these encouraging signs, when I open my hotspot browser and type in a web address, it says, "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your service provider." While I could call AT&T, I really do not wish to deal with their customer service right now. Thus, I have come to you.

What I have tried:
I have set my browser to "Hotspot Browser" in Advanced settings, and I've tried playing around with the APN Settings. In the APN settings, though, I'm not sure what I am supposed to delete or uncheck or, well, what I'm supposed to do.

Here's what I'm seeing in APN Settings:

[checkmark] APN Settings Enabled
APN:
[checkmark] APN Authentication Enabled
Username for APN:
[email address]
Password for APN:**************

So what am I supposed to be deleting? Do I just uncheck those two boxes?

Also, are there any other ways I can manipulate my phone to connect to the hotspot browser?

Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote