View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
sthawthorne

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Help with dead? device

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a BB 8310 from P C World when I was working abroad and visited UK. I took the device back to the UAE where I was based for a few months. When I returned to UK I bought O2 sims but not the blackberry service. I installed a sim but the phone would not lock to the O2 network to make and receive calls. This was the same with another O2 Sim. In the O2 shop the assistants O2 sim would not work despite the transmitter being on site. They told me to take the device back to PC World (it is an unlocked device). PC World put another sim (I think Orange) and got a signal. Therefore they would not treat the device as faulty. I have since tried other sims including Vodaphone and i just see "searching for Network" but it never locks. Sometimes it times out, sometimes it comes up with one, two or even three Networks but either doesnt connect to the one I select or says 'Emergency Calls Only'. Vodaphone, O2, Orange and T-Mobile all appear from time to time and I can have the flashing blue transmission icon in top right corner but alwasys reverts to red 'SOS' only icon. Therefore I can't even use the device just as a phone. I have tried resetting the device and reinstalling the factory software, no change. I can confirm what else I have tried (e.g. manual/automatice, diagnostics etc) but am looking for what I believe to be serious or critical intervention or confirmation that the device is in fact faulty. Can anyone please help me with this. Thanks Sean
Offline   Reply With Quote