Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
memetic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 97&81
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmob
Default BB Security Sucks Ba||s

Please Login to Remove!

The 9700 is the best phone ever. I have seen and played around with many phones -- my brother-in-law is a Tmob employee (haha) and has every phone they do, and anything he doesn't have one of my tech friends has. The 9700 wins hands down.

But, the security blows. The included firewall (if you can call it that) makes the windows firewall look like something from the NSA in some implausible movie. Installing apps puts your personal data all over the place. I know what you are going to say, "Well, just don't install any apps". Well, yeah, but that is like saying get a computer but "don't install any apps". That's retarded. Furthermore, this includes all the pre-semi-installed, approved apps, and any/all the apps that are already fully installed. And I think it includes just using the BB itself. Lame.

Not to mention the GPS can be (and is) used by others to track you without you even knowing it. What kind of BS is that? I can't even control the GPS security!!! That is just plain lame. I guess if you're just another turd in the herd, then this probably doesn't bother you. "If you've got nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about, right?" Wrong asscra[k. No one has any business tracking my location. I value my freedom and my privacy. I know that is hard to understand for a lot of you Gen Y guys/gals out there.

Anyway, starting tomorrow I am going to start researching and will learn a programming language if I have to to write the first 3rd party firewall app for BBs ever. If you have any advice I'd like to hear it. I might just share it when I am done.
Offline   Reply With Quote