Armaanberry

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone India
Smile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleyjj View Post
I was trying to update one of my units and in the middle of updating applications, (Connecting for the first time), it decided to shut off. Now it doesn't matter if I switch the battery or SIM card, the thing still doesn't power on. All that happens is that once the battery is placed back inside the device it starts blinking red. It blinks twice, pause, two blinks, pause, etc. Any solutions. I can't power it up to reload the OS or anything. Thanks
Hey there, I had the same problem on my Bold 9700 when i was updating my software the progress was going very slowly therefore I pulled the USB out and this problem of Double light blinking occurred and the phone wasn't coming on.
But here are the steps to cure this problem:

1) do a battery pull

2) connect the BB to the computer via Desktop software( Red light still blinks, this may take time for the phone to connect even up-to 20 minutes, therefore be patient)

3) Once it detects, it will ask you for your security pin if you have one. therefore enter it

4) it will then give you an option of updating the software, chose what version you want

5) after updating, it will ask you to restore your backup to get all your data back.

6) Voila your phone is Fixed!!

cheers!

Armaan
Offline   Reply With Quote