View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #74
mengchu

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile Family 1000+Web2go

If the attachment does not work, there are some other trick ways.
You can download a BB simulator on your PC and install it.
Use the simulator to fake a phone to download the appworld. It will need JFK or JRK env'ment to install but you can skip it.
And you need to download Blackberry MDS simulator to make your fake phone to connect with internet.
Then you can get the app downloaded on your fake phone on your PC and export the app with some software named WINLoader to generate a .jad or .alx and .cod on your PC....
That was difficult and complicated to do but I am sure you could do that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengchu View Post
I do not have a data plan(BIS or BES), and I am just using a web2go and paying $10/month.. I have tried a off-air installation of BB app world from a Chinese website called berrytimes.
link:
berrytimes.cn/2010/02/18/blackberry-app-world/

and it works for my 8900, thru my home wi-fi only!!

I have translated it to English. And attached the .zip file which worked for my Tmo QWERTY 8900 Curve. My OS is 5.0.0.461.

The way to use:

1 connect your BB to your PC with USB
2 extract the files from the .zip file.
3 run install.bat
4 wait several minutes for your BB to restart.
5 Enjoy!

If you want to uninstall, just run the uninstall.bat.

Tips:
If the round "app world icon" appears on your BB main menu after restart, you probably could not click your trackball on it. This happened to me.
Try to change the theme back to the default one. (for me it is named Precision T-mobile) And I found it could be clicked. This app world really rocks!

Hope this will help. I am not sure if it could be useful with the touchscreens but this worth a try if you do not have a data plan and want this app world.
Offline   Reply With Quote